Marketing content leader, editor, producer and strategist with more than 15 years of experience creating digital publications and promotional content structured to achieve engagement and reach target audiences across multiple platforms.
Conceives and publishes digital content including editorial, images and social media across multiple platforms. Runs social media campaigns and adjusts marketing strategy to meet campaign goals. Manages writers, develops and writes in-depth websites.
Key Strengths include:
• High-volume content, daily publication, multimedia strategy
• Higher education, business to business
• WordPress, Sitecore
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube
• Analytics and reporting
Rewire Director, Twin Cities Public Television
July 2016 – Present
Creating, launching and leading a digital-first public media content service targeted at “first-stage” adults nationwide, developing and implementing business and revenue plans to sustain this work. Providing strong editorial leadership to a wide variety of writers, multimedia producers, freelance contributors and editors; working with mission-similar organizations to create effective content to educate readers and motivate change; and establishing, monitoring and achieving ambitious metrics for audience growth and engagement.
Managing Editor, Integrated Marketing Communications, University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin School of Business
July 2014 – May 2016
Managed content on all owned media properties including bus.wisc.edu home page, newsroom, and faculty blogs; conceived and executed social media strategy across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube; served as editor for Update magazine, a semi-annual alumni publication with more than 40,000 subscribers; managed writers, photographers and videographers, both in-house and freelance; tracked and reported analytics data on media performance.
Senior Associate Director, Marketing Communications, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
November 2012 – June 2014
Led and executed brand voice for the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. As leader of the Marketing Communications Content team, which includes four full-time writers as well as freelancers, I worked with other associate directors to understand Chicago Booth’s target audiences and to create strategic original short- and long-form marketing content for interactive, print, audio, and video, including major marketing projects and initiatives. Worked closely with the entire marketing communications team to ensure creative and strategic excellence on all projects. Interviewed a variety of subjects, including current students, faculty, corporate recruiters, alumni, and high-level business executives for written and video profiles.
Managing Editor, Fashionablymarketing.me
September 2011 – July 2012
Wrote and edited feature articles for a B2B fashion, marketing and technology blog. Managed contributors, participated in branded content campaigns for corporate clients and managed independent contractor bloggers participating in the campaigns. Managed multiple social media platforms. Optimized posts for search (SEO).
Web Editor, License! Global magazine
January 2011 – March 2012
Wrote and edited B2B content for www.licensemag.com, the website for License! Global magazine. Wrote text ads, maintained custom CMS tool and wrote basic HTML code. Placed photos, created static pages and page elements. Established and managed social media program for magazine on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Digital Writer, Editor and Strategist
February 1998 – January 2011
Worked independently as a freelance writer and editor in both digital and print. Author and contributor to a variety of blogs, including fashionablymarketing.me, visionaryexcellence.com and omnimysterynews.com.
- Developed comprehensive Twitter strategy for ProTips4U, resulting in 20 percent organic growth in followers in two months. Also developed strategy to optimize videos uploaded to YouTube channel for in-platform SEO, resulting in an immediate increase in sales on the ProTips4u.com website.
- Wrote numerous feature articles for CMA Today, the print trade magazine for certified medical assistants. Topics included common ailments in the clinic, distance learning and electronic medical records.
- Worked a long-term freelance assignment in 2007 for Publications International, Ltd. (PIL), which partnered with HowStuffWorks to provide nonfiction content for the HowStuffWorks.com website. Used custom CMS tool to upload and format nonfiction content in a number of subject areas including holiday crafts, kids’ crafts, gardening and scenic drives.
Marketing Copywriter, The New York Times
May 2000 – November 2001
Wrote and edited copy to promote special editorial sections including in-house advertisements, sell sheets for advertisers, and radio spots.
Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism June 1993
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Minors in English and Philosophy